10 Basic UX Principles for Creating a Great Website
In order to create a great website, you need to follow some basic UX principles. These principles are important because they will help your visitors find what they need and keep them engaged with your website. Below we have come up with 10+ tips that will help you make the most of these principles:
- Make it clear and easy for people to find what they’re looking for by using appropriate page titles, headings, subheadings, bullet points, and more.
- Help users feel in control by giving them options like filtering results or sorting items on a page so that they can easily narrow down their search query.
- Keep things simple and avoid overloading pages with too much content – break it down into sections to make it easier for users.
- Make pages more interactive and engaging by adding in things like quizzes, polls, or surveys that can be easily answered without distracting visitors from their main task.
- Determine which content is the most crucial so as not to overwhelm your audience with too much information – put this at the top of the page and use a clear call to action (CTA).
- Give people control over how they navigate through your site using features like scrolling lists on mobile devices or breadcrumbs on homepages that show where you are in relation to other parts of the website.
- Keep loading times down by making sure images load when needed instead of all at once; use CSS media queries to serve up the correct size of an image, rather than relying on a different version for every device.
- Reduce friction by giving users direct access to what they need without having to navigate through complex menus or scroll past advertisements.
- Don’t take the time to create different versions of your site for mobile and desktop devices, instead use a responsive design.
- Make it clear what you want users to do with CTA’s like ‘sign in’, ‘register’, etcetera – give them concise instructions as well as images illustrating how this will be accomplished.
- When using an animated gif or video preview thumbnail make sure these animations automatically play without requiring any other interaction from the user.
- Keep it simple – don’t overload your site with videos, animations, and other flashy web effects.
- Ensure that the user’s experience is consistent throughout every step of their visit by using a style sheet to ensure consistency in fonts, colors, and images across all pages on your website.
Conclusion: So, what are you waiting for? Start implementing these basic UX principles in your web design today and watch as more people convert into customers. Don’t be a fool and keep ignoring the science behind human behavior! Keep scroll on a regular basis to know more about UX design, and also visit our Home Page for other articles.